Just a reminder that Tyne Tees Twestival will be held this coming Monday. The team here at Twestival Towers are really excited and have been a bit hectic of late, hence the direct mailing! Thanks to everyone who has bought a ticket already, and I hope you will encourage others to do the same!
It’s on Monday at 7pm at Hoults Yard within the Boiler House – I just realized that I’ve been calling it the Boiler Room….oops! The photo comes from PJ White’s Flickr account – worth a look! You’ll find a map on our blog page – thanks Google! 🙂
If you can not get a ticket before the event, send us a Tweet so we know you are coming along (and will buy more booze/food). You can donate on the door as Better Brand Agency will be manning it along with a big donation box.
So…the all important question – what does your £10 DONATION for each ticket get you?…
1) Automatic entry to the raffle. Prizes include Xbox games, DVD players, professional services, holidays, FlipMinos etc. All thanks to our *Mystery Box sponsors. *Mystery Boxes are gift wrapped boxes and once your ticket number is picked out, you’ll have a choice of boxes and you’ll only know what the contents are once you open them!
2) Free booze and food. There will not be a bar but we’ll have booze by the bucket full. The food will be provided by Olive and Bean – a favourite of many regional event companies and we can see why as they have been tremendous
3) We’ll be hosting FriiSpray on the night. FriiSpray is a project thought up by three heads in the North of England, based at the Innovation North co-working space in the Old Broadcasting House, Leeds. It is essentially an open source project which connects the Wiimote and the computer which let’s people create digital, or virtual grafitti as an interactive media installation. If you haven’t heard of it take a look at some of the Flickr images. The lads from Leeds were at Thinking Digital this year so this is their second outing in the North East.
4) We’ll have the usual music and networking.
5) A chance to “Guitar Hero” your way to a FREE Thinking Digital ticket worth over £500.
6) Cupcake Club. It’s famous on Twitter……and thanks to Laura Maddison of Altitude Recruitment we’ll be having a cupcake bake sale (try saying that with a few drinks on you). Each cupcake will cost £1 and the money – yet again will go to charity. That’s every single penny!
7) Last but not least, we’re offering you the chance to meet Twitter users in the area – you know the type. You’ve never met, or had to learn their real names, yet you know them well enough to Tweet away to them until the wee hours. Yup – they’ll be there in the flesh!
I hope you will buy a ticket before the week is up – it’ll make our jobs a lot easier and please do spread the word! If you have any questions, please drop us a line via Twitter or email us at tttwestival [@] googlemail.com.